15g golden syrup
55g soft dark brown sugar
1 large egg
80g self-raising flour
2 tablespoons milk
30g mixed berries, frozen or fresh
1. Take a microwaveable cereal-sized bowl (at least 9cm high and 8cm across), place the butter in it and microwave on 'medium' for 1 minute or until the butter has melted; add the syrup and stir.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the berries and whisk with a fork for 2 minutes until smooth and well combined.
3. Stir in the mixed berries and microwave for 5 minutes on 'high', without a lid, until the pudding is well risen. Remove from the micro wave and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Be careful - the berries will still be piping hot.
4. This pudding is best served warm. If you do eat it cold, then serve with pouring cream, ice cream or custard to counteract any dryness that microwave puddings can be prone to upon cooling.
1. Place required amount into a pan and cover with boiling water
2. Bring back to the boil and simmer until tender
3. Drain well
4. Add enough milk to a frying pan to cover the fish, simmer on a moderate heat for 6-8 minutes, drain and check food is piping hot
5. Add a knob of butter, season with salt and pepper, and mash roughly
6. Stir through some chopped mint leaves and serve
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now