Whether you're looking for inspiration for back to work lunches, quick family dinners or thrifty meals uni kids will love, feast your eyes on this. We've got 3 simple, purse-friendly recipes from the brilliant Masterchef contestant @scottycookins, using new kitchenware from our range and day-to-day ingredients the whole family will love.
One of my big things is sustainability and one of the great things about coffee jars and sauce jars is you can reuse them to make amazing one pot lunches. Get your jars, wash them out and reuse them as part of this purse-friendly lunch solution.
Ingredients Pack of 4 Chicken Thighs
Glaze Teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice
Teaspoon of Crushed Garlic
Glug of Vegetable Oil
Teaspoon of Honey
Teaspoon of Soy Sauce
Packet of Microwave rice
Knob of butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat an oven to 200c / 392f.
2. In a bowl mix the thighs with the Glaze ingredients then place in a roasting tin and roast for 25 mins, for the last 5 mins grill the thighs to crisp and caramelise the top of the skin. Cool and chop up.
3. Par-boil the peas, beans and broccoli on a low heat, then mix in a knob of butter and set aside.
4. Now layer the jars with the rice in the bottom, the veg in the middle and then the chopped up chicken on top. Place a lid on top and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This recipe is a lovely warming dish that works for those midweek quick family dinners, getting everyone their mix of veggies, proteins and wonderful tasty flavours. One to go back to time and time again.
Ingredients 6 Pack of skin on deboned Chicken Thighs
Pack of new potatoes
1 red onion
2 large Carrots
500ml Chicken stock
Tablespoon of flour
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190c
2. Start by roughly chopping the veg
3. Then slicing the chorizo
4. Place all the chopped ingredients in a tray and cover with the flour and mix with a glug of oil.
5. To this pour in the chicken stock.
6. On top add the chicken, then the sprigs of thyme and generously season with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 30mins.
8. Serve in bowls and season with salt and pepper.