When you can’t pop out to the local cafe for lunch, it makes sense to get a bit more creative in the kitchen. Each week, we’re bringing you something new from quick and tasty lunch ideas and budget dinners to breakfast alternatives and meals to make when you’re not feeling well. The whole family will love our purse-friendly recipes that use everyday ingredients that you’re sure to have in the cupboards.
This week, Emma of @1FiveOne and her adorable son shared their all-time family favourite cookie recipe, along with a tutorial video on how to make them.
Delicious Doughy Cookies
16 servings | Prep time 10-15 mins | Cooking time 7 – 10 mins (7 mins for best results)
Ingredients 125g caster sugar 225g self-raising flour 100g soft brown sugar 125g butter (softened) 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional) 250g chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180º / gas mark 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugars then slowly combine in the (lightly beaten) egg, followed by the vanilla essence if using (optional).
3. Sift in the flour and salt, once combined stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop into 16 balls (roughly walnut size or slightly bigger) and place on baking trays lined with greaseproof paper, allowing space between for the cookies to spread. Six usually fit on each tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes. They will look as if they have not fully baked but they will have a delicious gooey centre when cooled. You can leave for up to 10 mins if you prefer a crispy, golden cookie.
6. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.
7. Eat and enjoy! These are delicious hot or cold and store really well for a few days, if they haven’t already been eaten!
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now